Thursday, November 2, 2017

One color Gelatin Plate Monotype prints

I have ordered a roll of Tyvek from Material Concepts. I really love how durable the stencils are when they are cut from Tyvek. I never thought that I would have the patience for cutting intricate stencils.

Tyvek stencil for monotype printing with the gel plate

But as you can tell by this wall of prints I have been cutting a lot of stencils.

wall of gelatin monotype prints with tyvek stencils

Today I printed some simple one color cards with the houses and trees on the hill stencil.

christmas card printed with Tyvek stencil and gelatin plate

I used neutral tone card stock and cyan speedball printmasters water based ink. I like how the holes in my gelatin plate created white spots in the print.

If you would like to explore gelatin printmaking in the New Year, then check out the course description and stay tuned for the 2018 session of Make Monotypes.

The post One color Gelatin Plate Monotype prints appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/11/one-color-gelatin-plate-monotype-prints/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment