Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Stock up on ART supplies or NOT?

I have decided that it is better to buy just what I need and not to stock up on art supplies, especially if they are “perishable.”

Inks for screen printing

It is hard to resist a sale. Hard to not up the online order to get free shipping. But if the ink dries out before I can use it then it was not really a savings.

I love ink in tubes. It is so easy to dispense just a little and they don’t dry out as fast as jars.

ink in tubes

Sometimes I even cut the tubes and use every last drop.

speedball water based block printing ink

With the speedball water based block printing ink I can cover the open end with plastic wrap and a clip and make them last even longer.

It is hard to make good prints with globby ink.

gelatin plate monotype print

Is your studio filled with:

  • things that you love and use
  • things that inspire you
  • things that you might use
  • things that you have had for years and not used yet?

No judgement here.

When I look around my studio I realize that I have a lot of all those things. My plan is to get rid of the “might use” and “had for years” to create space for what I do.

This desire also informs my buying decisions. Because when I throw away dried up and unused supplies, if feels like I am throwing away money.

brayers and ink

Off to sort through the good, bad and the ugly in my studio.

peek into linda germains studio

 

The post Stock up on ART supplies or NOT? appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/10/stock-art-supplies-not/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment