Monday, February 6, 2017

The coloring book craze could lead to drawing

Coloring is fun and might inspire drawing and doodling. I am intrigued by the books and the designs.

I just look. Most of the books are too detailed for me and I am not really a stay inside the lines kinda girl.

coloring books to inspire drawings

But I did  allow myself to purchase a small coloring book at the dollar store. And I used it to inspire doodles.

It is a flower and leaf book. So I looked at:

  • the leaves
  • the stems
  • the petal and
  • patterns

Thermofax screen of leaf drawing

I simplified the patterns and then I made a couple of Thermofax screens. The thermofax process is great for small designs that are basically line drawing.

  • I made a carbon based photocopy of my drawing.
  • Placed it next to the emulsion coated screen
  • Ran it through my machine
  • Taped the edges and
  • Printed on this sack cloth

screen printing fabric with thermofax screen

I did a couple different doodle leaves and then made thermofax screens.

leaf drawing as reference for thermofax screen

If you would like to explore drawing and then using those drawings to make prints, then check out the upcoming online printmaking class, SEE draw print.  We will be learning to look, and then translating those drawings into trace monoprints.

 

The post The coloring book craze could lead to drawing appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/02/coloring-book-craze-to-drawing/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment