Saturday, November 19, 2016

Angel stencil for making ornaments

Today I modified a stencil that I used a few years ago. I reduced the size and tweaked the shape to fit on the circular wooden ornament.

drawing to cut a stencil for printmaking

I am using the traditional “hole” stencil, so I had to build a bridge to the space between the arm and the face. Usually you want to build bridges in a place that is a natural break in the design.

Build bridges to keep the stencil stable

I printed several impressions of the angel on some gelatin prints. And they printed up quite nicely. My first one was a bit heavy handed with the paint, so the edges were a bit jagged.

hand printed ornaments by linda germain

I think that I will paint and texturize some of the wooden discs and stencil print directly on them with the angel. It is a bit easier that way.

Want the FREE tutorial to make the JOY ornament? Sign up below and I will send you the link.

Get the FREE origami box tutorial
Use your pile of prints and papers to make tiny gift boxes! .

And fill them with a stenciled JOY ornament free instructions included

Join today and get notice of future printmaking classes.

You will also get weekly emails about printmaking, tips, tools and classes.

The post Angel stencil for making ornaments appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2016/11/angel-stencil-making-ornaments/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment