Sunday, September 11, 2016

Try yoga printmaking – get present

This past week my art making pulled me into the present moment and even out of a grumpy mood.

I was surprised!

You may do yoga and meditation to quiet the mind and to get into the present moment. I try these activities every so often but they have not become a natural habit yet.
So maybe for artists like us, our art making is our mediation. Try it out and see if your art making is a sort of yoga practice.

Try Yoga Printmaking

 

While I was on the beach and in a grumpy mood I decided the to do a quick contour drawing of a broken crab claw. It only took a minute or two, but I was so focused on the the lines of the claw that for those few moments I was “peaceful.”
contour drawing Linda Germain
If you would like to explore Yoga Printmaking and making Monotypes on the gelatin plate, then join us in the current session of the 4 week Gelatin Printmaking Course, Make Monotypes.
Class start September 19th. Read all the details on the printmaking Workshop page.

The post Try yoga printmaking – get present appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2016/09/try-yoga-printmaking-get-present/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment