Monday, May 15, 2017

Books as art materials

I love finding old books at library sales.

books for making art

I think of old books as fodder for art making. I can use:

  • The pages for black out poems
  • The covers for journals
  • Pages for printing surfaces

black out poems on book pages

BE brave and make something from a book!

Use old books to make art journals

I look for covers that talk to me, pages with words that jump out at me and subjects that catch my eye.

artist book made with old book covers

I am excited to share that I am working on a new class that will be all about repurposing old books and less than perfect prints into beautiful pieces of art.

Stay on the mailing list to find out about the details of this course that will run in July.

Printmaking Interest
Do you crave time for your art making?

You will also receive a weekly email about printmaking ideas, challenges and courses.

The post Books as art materials appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/05/books-art-materials/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment