Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Use your own photos to make art personal

I have found that when I use my own photos and tools my prints are much more meaningful to me.

Now this photo of my brother and his granddaughter was taken by my niece, and boy does it convey the love between the two!

fishing with granddad

I made a shaped silhouette stencil from the image and started to play with the possibilities this morning.

girl and dad fishing love

It amazes me that so much emotion can be conveyed in a simple shaped shadow silhouette.  I can’t wait to play some more with this image.

That is kind of my approach to printing a series.

  • Make a lot of prints
  • Play with chaos and layers
  • Try simple and focused
  • And end up with a few prints that I love.

If you would like to explore gelatin printing making in this manner, then check out the details of the Make Monotypes, online printmaking course. Class is starting soon.

The post Use your own photos to make art personal appeared first on Linda Germain.



from Linda Germain http://www.lindagermain.com/2017/04/use-photos-make-art-personal/

All about prints

No comments:

Post a Comment